Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

I had never made chicken noodle soup from scratch before... it always seemed somewhat daunting and involved and it's never been my favorite type of soup. But, it's been cold, and rainy, and gray and that kind of weather makes me think of soup so I thought I'd give it a try.

This recipe from Bon Appetit via Epicurious seemed easy enough (you don't have to make your own stock) so I decided it was time to make some soup! I read through a bunch of the comments and seasoned the chicken with Lawry's seasoned salt but I should have done more - I ended up adding some into the soup right before serving. Next time I might try it with rice instead of noodles but it was pretty good! Serve it with your favorite salad and some bread for a warm, hearty meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment